Share your tech-focused lesson plan and you could win up to $1,000!
- November 13, 2017
- Post Category: Offer
- Views: 24
Win up to $1,000 for your classroom.
Technology is all around us. From smartphones to voice assistants and self-driving cars, our world is becoming increasingly high-tech. We believe technology has a place in every discipline — and studying its role in our lives is critical for students of all ages. Share your tech-focused lesson plan with us, and you could win up to $1,000 for classroom supplies, educational subscriptions and apps for your students, and more.
We’re looking for lesson plans that…
- Teach students why technology is important (and how to use it) in your subject
- Include a detailed description of lessons, handouts, homework assignments, etc., plus a list of required resources
- Encourage participation and engagement with in-class demonstrations, hands-on learning opportunities, etc.
- Are designed for students between kindergarten and eighth grade levels
- Specify benchmarks for measuring students’ comprehension of major concepts
- Are solely your work, without the use of prepared educational materials available elsewhere
How to win
We’ll chose the winning lesson plans based on the following criteria.
- Creativity| Does your lesson plan creatively combine lecture, classroom activities, multimedia, and out-of-class projects to teach students about tech?
- Completion| Does your lesson plan include complete descriptions of lessons, goals, assignments, and resources required? Would another teacher be able to teach by your lesson plan?
- Feasibility| Will you be able to reasonably implement your lesson plan for the upcoming semester?
- Participation opportunities| Will your lesson keep students engaged? In-class demonstrations, hands-on learning, projects, field trips, and more are all fair game and encouraged!
- Age appropriateness| Is your lesson plan tailored to a grade level between kindergarten and eighth grade?
- Originality| Is this lesson plan your own work?
Grant amounts and winners
We’ll choose six great lesson plans that follow all submission guidelines and meet or exceed the judging criteria mentioned above. Grant amounts, to be awarded in the form of Visa gift card, are as follows:
- 1st & 2nd place: $1,000 each
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th place: $500 each
Winners will be announced (and winning lesson plans will be featured!) on The Beacon.
Submit your lesson plan no later than 11:59 PM ET on December 9, 2017. Late submissions will not be eligible to win.